CHAPTER - 3

Aaria walked down the hallway to reach the stairs . There were family pictures all the way up . She noticed that the parents in the pictures were not to be seen in the house . She gazed at the family pictures enviously , thinking about her own life . She then sighed and moved on . There were 3 rooms at the top . All the doors were open . She walked into the first room . The room totally the opposite to the rest of the house .That room was the messiest room she had ever seen . Worse than hers , so it means that it looks totally DISGUSTING ! She could barely see the floor as it was covered with a whole lot of junk . There was a white rat in a cage just like the one Arjun had . Ok , the one she killed … Anyway, The only good thing about that room was that there was a poster of her favorite band ‘ Empire ‘ on the wall . Just as she was admiring the poster , a boy who looked just like Tanvi ,came inside the bedroom , rubbing his head with a towel vigorously  . The messy room was definitely his as he matched the room in every way . His scruffy clothes and messy curly hair didn’t exactly look appealing , but there was something nice about him that she liked . He looked a bit flustered and started nervously gathering the stuff on the floor . Aaria was also shocked and ran out of the room as fast as she could .

 

She ran into the next room which was undoubtedly Tanvi’s because she was waiting for her there and also there was a huge portrait of her , hanging near her bed . ”Nice right ?“ said Tanvi . “ I  painted it myself “ she said , proudly . “ Its amazing “ Aaria said truthfully . Aaria was an experienced artist herself , so she can identify good art . “ The bright colors… The brush strokes …”. Tanvi ‘s face lit up and her cheeks became flushed . Aaria knew that she hit a jackpot with that comment . Nothing more than an artistic comment is needed to make a budding artist happy . “ Oh… Wow … Nobody has ever said that before … “ Tanvi murmured . “ I know good art when I see one “ replied Aaria , smiling . Then , Aaria started showing her drawings on her phone and Tanvi was really impressed . “ I love your style … There is this art fest I wanted to go … Do you want to come with me ? “ asked Tanvi ,nervously . “ The Pune Art Expo ! I would love to ! “ exclaimed Aaria , in happiness that she made a friend so quick .  

                                                                ****************************************

Aaria walked back home ,  enraptured by her unforgettable morning .” THE PUNE ART EXPO !” she mumbled , still shocked . She did a little dance and sang ‘ We are lucky ‘ by her favorite band , ‘ Empire ’. Then , she suddenly remembered about the scruffy boy she saw earlier and wondered who he was . “ He looked like my age …I hope I could be friends with him “she thought as she ran home .Just as she opened the door , her mother came rushing to her with a blazing look on her face .” YOU ARE SO LATE !!! IT’S 7 ! HOW ARE YOU GOING TO REACH SCHOOL IN TIME !?! “she yelled . Aaria was not a very patient person. She retaliated . “ YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SENT ME THERE !!! AND ITS ONLY 7 !”. Shouting at Amma is never a good idea .” HOW CAN YOU BE AT FAULT AND SHOUT BACK AT ME !!! I AM SO ….” She yelled like mad . Then Aaria realized that shouting at Amma was not very productive and would only result in a hungry stomach . So , she backed down , mumbled ‘sorry’ and went back towards her room .

 

She walked upstairs and heard some noises coming from her room . “ That damn squirrel ! “ she mumbled angrily . She ran to her door and slammed the door open , hoping to scare it away . But , it was Arjun who was there .” What are you doing here?”  she asked , irritated . Arjun smirked at her and exclaimed sarcastically “ What ? Your brother can’t talk to you ? What is wrong with you ? I came to talk to you , so lovingly –“ “ HaHa . Very funny . What do you want ? “ she replied ,thoroughly frustrated . “ “ I came to ask my lovely little sister a favour …” he said , smiling . “Oh no .”” Oh yeah . I need you to be the guide for the new students “ he said . “ No no no no no no ! Please don’t give me that job ! I have to go through all my old teacher’s classes ! All of them hate me ! No way !!! Why can't you do it ?! “ she said in a single breath . “ Relax , this year , there are only 2 kids ! And you need to show only one of them around ! He is also seems to going to 9th grade ! I can't do it because I have the principal's session . “ he tried . “ He is in my class !? That’s even worse ! I’m going to make that kid have bad impression on me , at the very first word ! I want to change , be popular… not to be boring ! “

 

Arjun sighed , and said “ Please ? ”. Aaria smirked and asked ,” First time you’ve ever said that word ? Are you really that desperate ? ” “ Do you want me to be nice or not ?! “ he protested. “ Fine ! I’ll do it ! But , you’ll definitely have to make it up to me “ she retorted . “ Sure . Bye “ he said as he walked off , satisfied . “ Why did I say I would do it !? Of course he'll never make it up to me ! Why does he have to volunteer for literally everything ?! Now , I have no other choice ! Who knows what the new student is like !? “ she whined , not knowing what’s up next .

I’m sure my readers have the same doubt . Pls read , comment , subscribe and enjoy ;) 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CHAPTER - 1

CHAPTER - 2